PRO-RES aims to produce a guidance FRAMEWORK helping to deliver Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI). PRO-RES is a Horizon 2020 project coordinated by the European Science Foundation (ESF), involving 14 different partners across Europe. The project started in May 2018 and will run until April 2021.
Our main aim is to encourage policymakers and their advisors to seek evidence for their decisions from research that has been conducted ethically and with integrity.
The guidance FRAMEWORK includes the following elements:
- A statement – The Accord – which lays out the principles for ethical research which we hope all stakeholders can sign up to.
- The Accord is supplemented with a Toolbox for policy makers and advisors to help them identify ethical evidence for their decision-making processes.
- Additional supportive Resources that complement the Accord and the Toolbox.
The entire FRAMEWORK aims to:
• encourage policymakers and their advisors to seek evidence from research that is ethically sound and conducted with integrity
• cover the wide spectrum of non-medical research and
• offer practical solutions for all stakeholders, that will comply with the highest standards of research ethics and integrity.